close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Email and Go Daddy

Thread began 12/09/2009 12:10 pm by rmcadams351257 | Last modified 12/10/2009 12:02 pm by rmcadams351257 | 2322 views | 1 replies

rmcadams351257

Email and Go Daddy

I have not been able to get the email for my Powerstore to work with Go Daddy.
I have made the changes out lined in the known issue's section for Powerstore & the posts here. ie: leaving the mail server blank ( $WAGLOBAL_Email_Server = "" ;) ect. Nothing works so far. Yesterday I was trying to see if I could get it to send me my user password, through the "Forgot Password" page. When I entered my email address and clicked send, it gave me this error at the top of the page...

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 451 See smtplf.html. in D:\Hosting\5016247\html\WA_Universal_Email\mail_PHP.php on line 254

Well when I got that I had see what the "server response 451" was. So I went to the web address listed in the error code and got this.

Most likely you're here because your mailer displayed the pointer ``See smtplf.html.''
Where did that pointer come from?

It was generated by qmail, an Internet message transfer agent. Your mailer tried to send an e-mail message to a server running qmail. Unfortunately, qmail spotted a problem: your mailer sent a bare LF.

Why should I worry about bare LFs?
You can't get mail through to msn.com and thousands of other systems around the Internet. Your mailer is violating 822bis section 2.3, which specifically prohibits all bare LFs.

How can my mailer be fixed?
That depends on what software you're using.

Solaris 2.5 sendmail: Upgrade! Fixed in Solaris 2.5.1. You can fix the problem by putting ``,E=\r\n'' at the end of Mether, Mtcp, or Msmtp in sendmail.cf. (Note that Mether is not the same as DMether.)

sendmail V8 has a bug that will produce a bare LF in certain messages (e.g., messages with very long lines). This bug was identified in November 1996; I don't know if it has been fixed yet.

Eudora Pro 4.0 for Windows: Upgrade! The HTML LF problem was fixed in 4.0.1. The attachment LF problem was fixed in 4.1.

listproc 6.0c: Chuck Foster says you should add ``CONVERT(buf);'' before ``WRITE_TO_SOCKET'' around line 165 of sysmail.c in the Listproc source code.

fetchmail: Upgrade! Recent versions of fetchmail reportedly do the right thing. Make sure the forcecr option is on.

Galacticom WorldGroups: Reported 19970716. No information on how it can be fixed.

Claris Emailer: Reported 19980613. No information on how it can be fixed.

CipherTrust's IronMail SMTP gateway: Reported 2002.10.29 by Christopher Mahmood. No information on how it can be fixed.

What is a bare LF, anyway?
It is an ASCII linefeed (LF) character not preceded by an ASCII carriage-return (CR) character.
Every line in an Internet mail message is required to end with CR LF. The entire message ends with CR LF dot CR LF. 822bis specifically prohibits other uses of LF.

The mail clients discussed above are incorrectly ending lines with LF and, in most cases, ending the entire message with LF dot LF. That's not CR LF dot CR LF, so a server such as msn.com will sit there waiting for the rest of the message. After a while it'll give up and drop the connection. Your mail doesn't get through.

Some mail servers convert a bare LF into CR LF, and accept LF dot LF as the end of a mail message. This behavior is specifically prohibited by 821bis.

I'm not at all sure what all that means, But it does look like it might help finding out why Powerstore and go daddy have not been working together to send my stores emails.
I'm at a loss as to what to do. But I think with this info, one of you wonderful Webassist Tech support wizards can crack this nut.

O yeah thanks again Eric for your help on the last help ticket. Your the best

Ron

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...