close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

ECART Checkout Wizard - No Email Prefs

Thread began 11/19/2009 3:39 pm by Jaffa | Last modified 11/24/2009 6:15 pm by Jaffa | 2269 views | 7 replies

john275907

Same issue here !!

I have the same issue.

My config is:
XP Pro
DW CS4
eCart 4.5.2
UE 3.0.6

eCart to use PP Website Payments Standard.
No shipping required.

Yesterday and today I have gone thru the Checkout Wizard process at least THREE times and read and re-read the GSG pdf as well as the Help files and I did not find any mention of the limitation that Eric mentions:
" If you are using any of the remote or non local checkouts you will not have this option available to you from the wizard."
I find this astounding !! This should be immediately addressed in the documentation.

Not only that, the following issues were experienced:

In the first screen of the CO Wizard I elected not to offer shipping services. However, I want the user to be able to have the ability to include a delivery address. The Checkout Form that gets created does not provide this option. In a previous site I used Paypal Website Payments Pro and this option is supported in the resulting Checkout Form - in that site, I did not offer shipping services either. Why is the Shipping section of the Checkout Form not supported/included when using PP Website Payments Standard ??

A minor irritation was experienced with the Display Manager when I ran (TWICE) the QuickCart option. The Cart Summary includes a form in which the View Cart, Clear Cart and Checkout buttons are placed. The View Cart button code includes:
"onclick="MM_goToURL('plugins/parent','cart.php');return document.MM_returnValue"

The JS function MM_goToURL NEVER gets included in the page. This occurred in the previously mentioned site as well so this must be a BUG ! And, the second attempt to run the Quick Cart wizard the "return document.MM_returnValue" section of the link was not included.

The last point I want to mention is the fact that when running the Checkout Manager I was working on the fields for the Order Details and wanted to go back to the previous step. I clicked on the Back button and the wizard would no longer display the Order Summary or Order Details info and I had to cancel. This occurred on two occassions and is probably repeatable. But I wont waste any more time on that issue.

Not impressed !

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...