close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Can't re-use search code

Thread began 11/12/2009 4:47 pm by David CHnet.com | Last modified 11/13/2009 12:59 pm by David CHnet.com | 2577 views | 4 replies

David CHnet.com

Can't re-use search code

I've serached and serached through the code but I can't find a reson for this ...

Search page, functioning
Name: inner16.php
Loaded by index3.php as an include
There are 4 search fields (2 text, 2 dynamic drop downs)
Loads a results page

Results page
Name: inner70.php
Loaded by index3.php as an include
At the top of this results page the search fields are repeated in a "search toolbar" and preloaded with the serach values
Everything working perfectly

1. If I repeat the code in page inner16.php inside another page, alos calling inner70 ast the results page, it doesn't work.
2. Ditto if I copy inner16 to innerXX and try again.
3. Ditto if I load the working page, inner16, as an include into a different index2.php page which is exactly the same!

I feel like there is a relationship between inner16 and inner70 that I don't understand - the common denominator is the index3.php file that uses these as includes. I cannot find the problem anywhere ... !!!

I can post code, but not here ...
THANKS

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...