close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

What does this mean?

Thread began 11/09/2009 9:09 am by ben_bradley348417 | Last modified 11/10/2009 1:08 pm by ben_bradley348417 | 3430 views | 8 replies

neilo

Hi Ben,

Yes, UKServers are a great company (based in Somerset) - they always know what they're talking about.

Which is more than can be said for me.

Changing directory names in a solution like PowerStore can open a can of worms - there are many interconnected facets all needing to know where each other are. It would take someone like Ray, Jason, Eric or the WA Experts to fully know the impact of such a change and how to where the references need to be changed in the php files.

It may be that you just need to change the reference in your PowerStore200/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php file to your renamed directory, but I wouldn't want to send you down a path that someone else might have to unravel later on. The menu system could also be a problem.

What happens if you revert back to the default name and configuration? Does your site load OK?

I would suggest reverting back to that, so it functions OK, then posting a new thread to ask for the steps to change the directory name.

If you do experiment, I would make a backup of all your site files/structure beforehand so you can revert to it if necessary.

For anybody who may have a good idea what to do and might jump in here, a link to your site would help them.

Sorry not to be more helpful (if it were me, I'd leave the default names as supplied!)

PS - There's a UKServers in Somerset (where I am) and also one in Rugby!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...