close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Subscription Thread?

Thread began 10/29/2009 7:07 am by codamedia | Last modified 10/29/2009 12:01 pm by codamedia | 1120 views | 2 replies

codamedia

Subscription Thread?

Maybe I just can't find it, but why is there no thread for the Subscription Service? I think you should create one for specific questions regarding that.

I own about $1200 worth of WA products, and the new Subscription service has peaked my interest, but I do have a couple of concerns I would like addressed. Let me qualify myself by stating, I fully understand the concept of subscription (ie: leasing) vs buying the software. They both have benefits and each individual needs to figure out what is best for them.

My concerns however are for what falls OUT OF OUR CONTROL!

What happens if I subscribe for 2 years, build a bunch of sites that need maintaining, then WA pulls the plug on the subscription service? Or if WA sells, and the new owners pull the the plug. How can I maintain those sites? Will my only solution be to purchase $1800 worth of products & updates to continue, or will their at least be some upgrade path! AGAIN - This is not IF I DECIDE TO CANCEL it is IF YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL THE PROGRAM! As you can see - there appears to be an opportunity for WA to build a heck of a client base, then force them to buy products. HEY - WA has NEVER been this way and I am not suggesting you will do such a thing, but somebody has to ask the question :)

On another note, what happens with the templates used? If I use a premium template to build a site and cancel my subscription after a year, will that site/template still work. I understand the extensions will stop working in Dreamweaver, but will the template also die out! I am assuming not, but need to check.

Lastly, I assume the extensions need to "phone home" regularly to make sure they are still activated. I spend a lot of time travelling and don't always have access to the Internet. Will these extensions "start up" for me at 35 000 ft or in a motel room in Pumphandle Saskatchewan?

Thanks for your time.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...