close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Package Extjs Grid and forms?

Thread began 10/22/2009 7:40 pm by anonymous | Last modified 10/22/2009 7:40 pm by anonymous | 1208 views | 0 replies

anonymous

Package Extjs Grid and forms?

I've been playing with the grids and forms included in the Extjs library for a few days now and find them to be incredibly flexible with tons of functionality. About 2 years ago I bought the Nitobi DW suite (from Nitobi, not WA) and had nothing but problems with their extensions. None of them really worked for me.

I understand WA is looking into incorporating a replacement for the ADDT dynamic lists in future releases. My view be to forget Nextensio lists and forms and look at incorporating a library like Extjs into DW extension format. The logic is clear....you guys make top notch extensions....they have a great and growing library. Put them together and DW developers could really do incredible things.

The problem with the Nitobi suite was the extension itself...full of bugs and very skimpy on functionality. My experience with WA is that you guys make the best extensions in terms of stability, functionality and consistency (though I'd love it if you'd include the newest files in all of the updates so we don't have to decide whether to replace files that are older, the same or newer....takes forever to install/update) and if you could bring that expertise to a library like Extjs the result would be a truly killer app.

This is a wishlist, right? Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Thanks again for listening

Tony

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...