close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

need file made to get past firewall attn: eric

Thread began 10/22/2009 8:37 am by ruffteam | Last modified 10/22/2009 1:14 pm by ruffteam | 2830 views | 5 replies

ruffteam

re: obsolete extensions when the subscription runs out

hello. thank you for making the file requested.

you wrote: "The library subscription is currently a leasing option, so you will only have access to new versions while you are an active subscriber. You would not have access to HTML Editor v3 if you canceled the subscription unless you purchased it at that time."

I thought one of the sales pitches for buying the annual subscription was that you get all the updates for the programs you own for free. In your answer above do you mean -
that new 'versions' are different from 'upgrades' and that although I would continue to 'own' all upgrades to my purchased product, I would not 'own' any 'new versions'. I would have to purchase any 'new versions' when my subscription runs out. In other words, my download list would roll back to the last 'upgrades' of my purchased products.
or do you mean -
that I don't get to keep the upgrades either and my download list will roll back to the original version of the product I bought up to the date I started my subscription.

In the past WA offered a substantial discount to customers who bought the 'new version' of a product they already had (within a certain time frame). Since I have the subscription, I am no longer offered any discount on purchasing a 'new version' in my 'upgrades' page offers. And with the subscription, any time frame for a discount on 'new versions' is on hold as long as the subscription runs. Does this mean, when my subscription runs out a year or more down the road, I will have to purchase all 'new versions' I have had access to for the retail price -- without a discount as an owner of the previous version of the same product?

No one will want to pay for a 'new version' while they have the subscription. But to be rolled back to an obsolete version and have to pay retail for everything that disappears when the subscription runs out, kind of makes ever cancelling the subscription not cost effective.

which takes me back to the original question everyone always asks -- what was the benefit of being a good customer when webassist was starting out and ramping up and purchasing all those extensions? When it looks like if you keep the subscription for a year or more and then it runs out, you will be rolled back to what you 'owned' before the subscription - all of which will be obsolete. On top of that, you will have to pay retail for all 'new versions' to maintain the websites you have written during this period. Is that the situation? It's not completely easy for me to understand. Thank you for your time in reading this and explaining it.

david

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...