close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Error Message - Won't Start

Thread began 10/06/2009 3:22 pm by mstruthers9080 | Last modified 10/14/2009 11:47 am by mstruthers9080 | 4785 views | 9 replies

mstruthers9080Beta Tester

Hello,

Perhaps it's my fault for automatically believing the 'Powerstore' advert movie on the WA main website whereby it states you'll have the store running in NO TIME at all without the need to learn any PHP.

Assuming my copy of 'Powestore' wasn't corrupted when downloading, I've had a look at these forums and noticed that some people have managed to get it running albeit after much confusion.

This is what I've had to do so far. I followed the instruction in powerstore2_gsg.pdf whereby it initially states:

1. Set up your MySQL database. A .sql script containing the required database tables, has been provided for you to use with this Solution Pack. Click the link for instructions on importing this file into your MySQL database. import_sql

2. I followed the instructions in the importing_sql.pdf. They state the following:

1. On your computer, navigate to the .sql file you intend to import to your database. 2. Open the .sql file in a regular text editor such as Notepad or TextEdit.
3. Select all the content by pressing Ctrl (Cmd) + A. 4. Copy the content by pressing Ctrl (Cmd) + C. 5. Close your text editor application. Executing the script. 6.
In phpMyAdmin, choose the database you intend to work with from the Database menu list. 1. Choose the SQL tab. 2. Paste the SQL script you copied by pressing Ctrl (Cmd) + V
3. Choose Go. 4. Confirm that your new table has been imported by clicking the Structure tab.

I then moved back to the first pdf document whereby I now followed the instruction to open another pdf document: sp_db_connection.pdf

Here, I followed the instructions to:

'1. Enter your MySQL server host name within the quotations of the following line. $hostname_connection = " "; 2. Enter the name of your database within the quotations of the following line. $database_localhost = " "; 3. Enter the username for accessing your MySQL server within the quotations shown here. $username_localhost = " "; 4. Enter the password for accessing your MySQL server within the quotations shown here. $password_localhost= " "; 5. Save the file by pressing Ctrl (Cmd)+ S.

Once done, I moved back to the first pdf document again where I am instructed to open a third pdf document (sp_ps_globals_2.pdf) of 13 pages in length so that I can change further settings. This done, I read through the fourth and fifth pdf documents so that I can alter the look of the first page of the store and upload to the server.

I haven't gone on to PDF document number six yet because I seem to be getting errors on some of the pages.

For example, the drop down menu on the home page doesn't display properly for the bottom link. Also, if I click on the 4th link (About Tick), I get the following error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function getsqlvaluestring() in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/ti/ck/tr/ticktraining.co.uk/public_html/CSSMenuWriter/intermediate.php on line 22. additionally, on the Contact Us link I get 'Fatal error: Call to undefined function getsqlvaluestring() in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/ti/ck/tr/ticktraining.co.uk/public_html/CSSMenuWriter/intermediate.php on line 22'

I've no idea why this has happened. Is it possible I might have a corrupted copy of PS2 when I download it?

I'm guessing if I download it again and run this whole procedure again I might have better luck. I'll let you know how I get on.

The link to the site is www.ticktraining.co.uk It's not a real company, it's just something I set up to see if PS2 was going to work for me.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...