close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Client Validation bug

Thread began 10/02/2009 3:24 am by rob75685 | Last modified 10/02/2009 10:44 am by rob75685 | 1171 views | 1 replies

rob75685

Client Validation bug

hi there

I have discovered a bug with CSS Form Builder's Client Validation Wizard.

I have a standard form that I created without CSS Form Builder.

The first few fields are:

firstname
surname
email
confirmemail
address
etc
etc

I then set up my Client Validation, checking that the firstname and surname are required, then a valid email, then checking that the field confirmemail is 'like' the email field.

Then I finish.

I look at my code and for the 'like' validation it's checking the field 'firstname' instead of email.

I go back to my Client Validation wizard and it has changed my 'like' validation to the wrong field.

So I change it back to 'email', and finish.

And it puts it back to 'firstname' again...

The only way I can change it is to manually edit the code, every time I open the Client Validation panel it changes the value back to the wrong field.

The only thing I can think of to rectify this is to make sure that my 'like' field is the first one

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...