close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Can't Insert or Update Records

Thread began 3/11/2016 3:51 pm by Philip | Last modified 3/15/2016 2:03 pm by Philip | 800 views | 9 replies

Philip

Can't Insert or Update Records

I am just getting started with building a website (for the first time) and have run into a roadblock on my admin side. I've created some very basic pages just to test out the functionality and I cannot insert or update any records in my database. I'm able to pull records fine, but when I try to submit the Update (attached as UpdateCode), all of the values reset to the original. Insert, which I created just to see if I could do it and is also attached, just reblanks the fields.

I'm using WAMP as the root user on my own machine. The connection is fine (test works OK and I can get data down from the server).

For the update code, the PlayerID is in fact a string, not an integer (it's a concatenation of first name last name date of birth), and anyway, the insert code is inserting to a database that only has two varchar columns.

UPDATE:

I found multiple problems with both files and have fixed everything I found, but still neither one works.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...