close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Form Generation Errors

Thread began 9/28/2009 6:04 am by chuck186871 | Last modified 9/28/2009 1:18 pm by chuck186871 | 2149 views | 2 replies

chuck186871

Form Generation Errors

I am using a fresh install of FB 1.0 plus have applied the file fixes suggested by WA. I used the getting started directions to create a new appointment request form with some additional fields. I'm pretty sure I followed directions correctly. I then clicked to finish the form generation. I uploaded the form and supporting files to my server.

What happens next is interesting:
1) ERROR line 10 something about unexpected text. SOLUTION: WA FB forgot to terminate command lines with ";" I fixed them and reloaded the page.

2) ERROR line 160: It seems FB generated some useless code. In this case the code was "if() {". Not sure why that is there. It serves no purpose. In fact, it was generated for each element in my form. SOLUTION: I had to comment them all out to get the form to load, or so I thought...

3) ERROR: Fatal error: Call to undefined function validatedfield(). This issue I cannot solve. I know PHP well enough to try to find this function, but it is not to be found. Could it be in a file that FB forgot to load?

I have been happy with nearly all of the extensions I have purchased from WA (in spite of bloated code that I have had to clean up), but this one has been a real pain and not much of a time saver. Where is this function?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...