close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Getting false notifications; how do I troubleshoot?

Thread began 7/13/2015 11:22 am by Justin@AdventDesign | Last modified 8/05/2015 1:15 pm by Justin@AdventDesign | 486 views | 3 replies

Justin@AdventDesign

Getting false notifications; how do I troubleshoot?

Built a website several years ago that used SecurityAssist and UniversalEmail for user registration notification to the client. The system has worked with no complaints for almost two years. Now, the client is complaining that he's getting the email notifications (From the registration.php page) notifying him of additional registrations (we have it set so they can't get access until he updates their user level). The only problem is, when he goes to the backend to look at the new user, there's no new user there.

I've done several tests. The registration won't send without the required fields just like it is supposed to, and no notification is sent (which is also correct as expected), which means the false notifications aren't coming from incomplete registrations. When I fill out the form with sufficient info, the user is created in the DB table and a notification is sent as expected. I'v repeated the test several times and everything works as it should.

I'm looking for ideas on how to troubleshoot further. Either the system is sending out the email notification when it shouldn't, or the user data isn't making it into the DB intermittently. It's weird that I haven't touched this site, and nothing has changed for years, but now all of the sudden we're getting this issue.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...