close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Everything Works

Thread began 9/17/2009 5:38 am by mcgrody377583 | Last modified 9/17/2009 10:21 am by mcgrody377583 | 1366 views | 1 replies

mcgrody377583

Everything Works

Just a note to let you know that I installed the latest versions of the following products: Menu Writer, Site Assist, CSS Sculptor and Surveyor. I followed this sequence:

1. Downloaded the new extensions to my hard drive
2. Opened up Dreamweaver, then opened up the Extension Manager and then closed Dreamweaver - leaving the Extension Manager open.
2. Removed (not disabled) the older versions of the four products listed above
3. Installed the new versions and clicked "yes to all" when asked -- although this was a bit counter intuitive.
4. Deleted the wincache file.

All went very smoothly and all products are now working quite nicely. The entire process took about 20 to 25 minutes.

Although I did not initially like your new support forum process, I now find it useful to be able to read the various questions and answers available to users. And, the few questions that I did ask were answered to my satisfaction in a timely manner. In fact, one query was answered within hours of my posting.

My only suggestion is that you need to communicate the upgrade process in a more precise way. For example, in the email that I received informing me about the upgrades being available, you indicated that the older version needed to be "completely uninstalled". However, Dreamweaver Extension Manager only allows two options (I think) -- "disable" or "remove". Why not use the language of Dreamweaver and tell people to "remove" (using the "remove" option within the Extension Manager) the older version. And, the email said nothing about clicking "yes to all".

I also suggest that when you instruct your users to do certain things you need to inform them of what will happen to other installed extensions from other vendors. It seems a bit
presumptuous to tell users to remove all extensions from their system -- as if WebAssist owned the extension marketplace.

At any rate, I really like your products, especially CSS Sculpture.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...