close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

is this software the one i need? general help enquiry

Thread began 9/16/2009 2:22 pm by terry211640 | Last modified 9/17/2009 3:38 pm by terry211640 | 1955 views | 4 replies

terry211640

thanks guys

thanks loads for your replies guys its very welcomed.

i have just signed up for the monthly subscription package so i will have access to all the software i need so i guess the best i can do now is explain what i would like to do so if you had any advice it would be appreciated.

my friend has asked me to build a site for her real estste company. she wants potential customers to view the properties available to buy and other normal pages like contact us and about us etc. she would also like for the customer to be able to download or print directly some kind of pdf file on the property they like.

she also wants an admin section where she can insert update and delete property details from any machine, along with written info she wants to have photos uploaded from her camera/pc to be seen in the correct place in the site, she also wants to be able to show the customers some simple charts to demonstrate the energy effectiveness of the property (which apparently is compulsary in uk)

she doesnt want much does she :)

well so far i dug out my old supersuite brushed off the cobwebs and have tried to do what i can. i have learned basics with mysql and phpmyadmin so i can create the database (although i am not sure i am seperating the tables correctly but thats for another day)

i have tried some tests with the small info i entered with dreamweaver cs3 and have had some success woohoo, only the dataassist pages seem to link and none of the site assist pages seem to want to link with the data pages but at this moment in time i can at least view the insert update delete and results info i asked data assist to create.

so now that i have the subscription and the world is my oyster can you let me know if you think i am going about this the right way, am i using the correct software what would you recomend and also of the software we have mentioned can they all work well together

sorry for the long reply

i appreciate any comments or suggestions you have

best wishes

terry

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...