close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Customization question

Thread began 2/14/2013 8:24 am by chall381853 | Last modified 2/14/2013 9:12 am by chall381853 | 1481 views | 1 replies

zuffster370186

Customizing index.php page after site sculptor process

I created a site using Design Extender's Site Sculptor (I'll refer to it as SS). I incorporated two similar templates, one for the home page, and one for all the content/child pages. After SS finished its process of generating all the pages, I proceeded to the index.php page to view it in the browser to make sure it rendered properly which it did. For some reason, if I want to remove any elements in the MainContent DIV or modify the properties of the CSSMenuWriter from the index.php page, I am then prompted to save it as a template. Why is it that SS does not attach the SiteSculptorTemplate to the index.php page like it does to all the child pages?
As the index.php page was created by SS (via my main.dwt.php template), the templateEditable regions were removed. The child pages (created w/ subpage.dwt.php template) were attached to the SiteSculptorTemplate and kept the editable region tags that were inserted into the original subpage template.

If I want to edit the index.php page, should I attach the SS template to the page or can the index.php page only be modified thru the PowerCMS? I need to modify the properties of the horizontal menu via CSSMenuWriter. If I modify that thru the SStemplate, will that change the menu in the index page? I have added the theme function to the SStemplate.

Attached are the two original templates that I used during the SS process. The index.php that was generated by SS is also attached.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...