close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

How do I remove validation from a text field?

Thread began 1/09/2013 7:35 am by mrs | Last modified 1/09/2013 9:20 am by mrs | 462 views | 1 replies

mrs

How do I remove validation from a text field?

I touched on the benefit of having the option to have different validations on the insert and update pages of Data Assist, and this is one of the examples I suggested it as a feature request.

I have this forum (again) where I have a heading and content text fields that are required to be completed on the insert page, but they are not required on the update page or a copy of the insert page which I am using for replies. I have tried to remove the validation on the heading field for the reply page, but the page will not submit, and I don't know why. I have even deleted the heading field and replaced it with another of the same name without any validation, but it still will not submit.

I have tried to remove validations in the past on other jobs and either given up, or have had to rename Data Assist produced pages, run Data Assist again without the validation, throw away the new DA pages and rename the old pages back to their original names just so the work I have put into them isn't deleted! A painful process!!

What am I missing that causes the validation? I have removed all validation around the text box in question, and I have removed the javascript at the bottom on the code.

Thanks.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...