close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Can't send an email and don't get any errors....

Thread began 8/25/2009 9:18 pm by steve387748 | Last modified 9/02/2009 3:40 am by steve387748 | 2133 views | 4 replies

steve387748

Can't send an email and don't get any errors....

New to the UE extension (just got it hours ago) and tried following the getting started guide. I also watched the video and followed along.

One question is that in the video it references getting some code based on the model being used. In my case, I'm using PHP. Where is this information obtained? In the video it appears to be some place that is not part of the UE behavior although everything prior to that page shown on the video was interaction with the UE behavior window.

Another question is around the plain text view of the body. Can the HTML preview (from the Body tab) have something completely different than the text tab? I tried inserting the php code shown on the video in the text tab's view after clicking edit, and the code appears there OK. I typed some random text in the HTML tab view to see if it would show up in an email.

Another question around using the PEAR module for mail. It asks for the path to the PEAR module which in my case is found within the PHP directory that's contained in WAMP's www folder. Is there a specific directory in the PEAR directory I should be pointing to or just use the PEAR root directory?

And finally, I saved all my work after creating a simple form based on the getting started guide, previewed the page in Firefox, entered some info including a legitimate email address and clicked submit. If it did anything, I can't tell because I saw no failure notice or anything else pop up to indicate mail was sent. I had it redirect to a page after clicking submit and that worked, but no mail ever shows up. Problem is that I don't know if it ever sent it or not. How or where would I look to see if the email was actually sent or an error was encountered?

I entered the SMTP info and port per my current ISP's setting to test the page. I tried both the email selection as well as the PEAR selection and couldn't tell if anything happened other than I've never gotten an email.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...