close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Manage Options

Thread began 8/21/2012 4:15 pm by edr441698 | Last modified 8/23/2012 6:12 pm by edr441698 | 2390 views | 10 replies

edr441698

No point in continuing this exchange

As I already said, if you say it does not matter then... Great! I will sleep like a baby tonight. However in EVERY large software development company or department I have run (or associates have), product ideas are completely different then software bugs and there are different groups and processes in place within a company that handle these two different objectives. Again, I am not interested in explaining why companies do this.

And certainly, I don't mean to say such is the way is HAS to be, especially at very small companies where the employees wear many hats. Perhaps this describes the CafeCommerce operation?

So you appear to be saying there really is no difference between the people who decide what upgrades/features to build into next revs. (which BTW there apparently hasn't been one in 10 months since your "What's New" link states that Tuesday, October 18, 2011 was the very last time any upgrades went live) versus the staff that tracks and fixes current bugs. Ok. Good for you.

But one can't help but wonder then why CafeCommerce even has this separate page, tracking suggestions:
52771-cafecommerce-feedback-suggestions?lang=en

Or why you told jesse441246 on 08-09-2012 that you would "add a feature request to have [his suggestion] considered for future versions" instead of opening a support ticket. Perhaps a "support ticket" is exactly what you meant?

Anyway we are now both wasting time discussing nothing that matters. I don't care how CafeCommerce operates. Put my ideas in a separately tracked "suggestion box" or not.

Ten months with not a single new feature upgrade from CafeCommerce does not have me expecting to see my suggestions get implemented anytime soon... or ever.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...