close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Problems problems problems...

Thread began 8/22/2012 6:08 am by mrs | Last modified 8/22/2012 12:00 pm by mrs | 549 views | 2 replies

msummers194171

> So, what's going wrong here? Why is the PHP that I have added to the template been deleted when I apply the template to a page?

You may be getting caught in the fact that the region above <html> is regarded as an EDITABLE REGION by the template engine. In that case, editable region content is not propagated to child pages.

I have been doing exactly the same thing, but in reverse sortof. My approach is to create the DB pages, then create a NEW child page from the template, and copy/paste content from the existing DB pages into the new child pages. That way I can make sure that all of the important stuff gets into the right place. Of course this presupposes that you know what is the important stuff to copy and where to copy it!

We would probably have to see your page to tell you what to do about the file field validation issue - but generally, you'd click in the field (in Design view) then click on the Spry tab that appears on the screen (the CYAN one), and finally select the highlighted tag on the tag selector before clicking on the delete key. That gets rid of the Spry stuff around the file field - you'd still have to remove the corresponding Spry javascript variable definition at the bottom of the page's code to complete the job.

We'd definitely need to see your code for the other two issues.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...