close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Manage Options

Thread began 8/21/2012 4:15 pm by edr441698 | Last modified 8/23/2012 6:12 pm by edr441698 | 2392 views | 10 replies

edr441698

Manage Options

Under Manage Options I run into this problem: Changing the price for a particular Variation and then saving that updated Product Variation does not, in fact, SAVE the price changes I've made. Likewise, on the same Product Variations, selecting or deselecting the "For Sale" flag DOES NOT always "save" its status when I select the "SAVE VARIATIONS" to update my database. I have lost days deleting a product and all it's options to start over in the event Cafe Commerce software has corrupted my database. I have even reduced the number of Groups/Options a product can have with no success, despite your claims that we can have UNLIMITED options per product, to test if there is in fact a limitation. But I have not tested this extensively to prove one way or the other if there are in fact limitations. Please, help.

Additionally in this process of deleting Groups/Options, I have had your software auto populate... (that's right, AUTO POPULATE) my "products" with literally hundreds and hundreds of products. I presume your software somehow converted my SINGLE product, which may have hundred of variations under MANAGE OPTION/Groups, into individually separate products. And since your web interface software only allows deleting ONE product at a time (absolutely ridiculous, BTW) with a confirmation screen slowing the process down even further... THAT has cost me days of just deleting as well. I even had to create a keyboard script to delete these individual product files in my absence by running the script overnight.

The overall impression these apparent bugs in YOUR software create is that Cafe Commerce is NOT ready for prime time. Of course, my hope is that I am completely wrong and you will now tell me about the simple fix - on my end or yours.
Thank You.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...