close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

site sculptor my home page and google verification

Thread began 8/20/2012 4:11 pm by Alan Winthrop | Last modified 8/22/2012 7:37 am by Alan Winthrop | 1301 views | 3 replies

Alan Winthrop

site sculptor my home page and google verification

Hello,

I am seeking help with a problem I cannot seem to solve.

My latest site is built using Site Sculptor and Adobe Dreamweaver CS6.
I use Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox browser.

I have build my site using Site Sculptor, and uploaded it to its own domain hosted on a Unix server. To get it to upload I had to move all my files into the folder public_html. I moved templates, sitesculptor_assets and CSS MenuWriter also into this folder.

I do _not_ have Content Management activated.

My home page is created as an index page from Site Sculptor template and so are the other pages made using templates.

The site has uploaded successfully and functions. However when I now want to verify my site in google I need to use the Meta tag file method. To do this I need to upload it into the head of my main home page root file.

Into the file.....www.mydomainsitexxx.com.

My website displays as www.mydomainxxx.com when I view it in Mozilla Firefox.

However my uploaded index page (located in my public_htm folder) is infact

index.html

If I put my Meta tag from google into this file index/html file, Google does not find it.

If I use Mozilla Firefox to visit my homepage www.mydomainsitexxx.com and go view page source there is no Meta tag.

I have looked endlessly in my file system and in all the public_html folder but cannot find the simple page (my home page) as www.mydomainsitexxx.com

I know it must exist, as I have created an HTML site map using www.mydomainsitexxx.com which is live and uploaded to my site. On the site map the required home page appears along with the index.html version of the page as well. They both have live links.

I have also created an xml site map and it also has both versions of my home page.

I cannot seem to bring up the required page www.mydomainsitexxx.com in Dreamweaver CS6!

Can someone help me locate it or direct me to where it may be hiding!
I am new to CS6 but have used previous versions over the years.

I have tried various combinations of Getting my whole site from remote to Local but still no luck.

I have never had this problem before with Site Sculptor sites I have built in the past, but I also have never had to move everything over to the public_html file to get it to work.

I do _not_ have a testing server as I am trying to keep things simple.

I hope someone can help me with this problem as I have spent many many hours on it to no avail

Your help is much appreciated.
Alan (inUK)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...