close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Urgent - ERROR

Thread began 6/22/2012 9:02 am by russell298997 | Last modified 6/22/2012 10:18 am by russell298997 | 718 views | 2 replies

russell298997

Urgent - ERROR

Having battled all day with this issue I would be eternally grateful for a response before the weekend if possible....

Am desperately trying to get my checkout_success.asp page to auto-generate an email when worldpay returns to it after a successful transaction.

worldpay are sending back the CartId fine and i have a recordset finding that database record - an example is

checkout_success.asp?cartId=574774452&transId=2274408700

the data all loads fine but if i try and trigger an email automatically to go to the customer i get two issues.

1. however i try and treigger the email it seems not to work. i tried "before page load" but i guess that's because the rsOrderSummary recordset is not already loaded. (i dont think i can use the session variables cos i've had problems getting worldpay to ping back all these values so i am trying to use the order recordset)

I also tried adding a form "invoice" with a button the user can press to generate an email of the order, but this, too hangs up (as you can see from the above example if you submit)

IS there any way I can get it to auto-trigger the way I'm configured and have you any idea why it wont trigger - i just seeme to get a blank page rather than an error.

2. Pretty well anytime I try and edit the universalmail behaviour I get one of several JS error messages (see example screengrab). I have deleted the extension and reloaded, deleted the WinFileCache file etc etc and still getting this error which makes it impossible to either save changes, or to even open the behaviour panel.

i have got this error on two different machines, (XP Pro and W 7) running either CS4 or CS5.5. I'm not blaming the extension per se but it is imperative that i get a solution to it - any ideas????

I have attached one version of the checkout_success.asp page for your attention.

Have also attached checkout_suuccess2.asp. in this file, i tried to trigger UniversalMail using the "if rsOrderSummary is NOT blank" trigger. THis i would have thought was preferable since the reocrdset is returning the record selected by the CartId URL string paramater - but it doesnt seem to work - any ideas why this might be?

Attached Files
checkout_success.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...