close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

power cms addition ideas for WA

Thread began 6/04/2012 4:30 pm by gruant2000381341 | Last modified 6/05/2012 8:29 am by gruant2000381341 | 618 views | 1 replies

gruant2000381341

power cms addition ideas for WA

I added a few upgrades to pcms 2 that my clients really like and figured I would pass them on so maybe WA could add these to their file sets.

1. I didn't really care for the live edit links to take the user back to the pcms editor so I changed that so that it opens a lightbox effect over the page with the editor right there. Then I used ajax to reload the page content once changes were saved. less jumping back and forth.

2. I added in an option so that the website will recognize the ip address of the website visitor so that if it is an admin's ip address, they would not need to log in manually. And if someone logged in from another ip, they could also add that ip to the db. I warned them though that they should only enable this if they are sure that no unauthorized people had access to their computer....or that their network was on a free public wi-fi (or unsecured private wi-fi). This one has become quite popular as this was they do not have to give employees passwords which need to be changed when they leave the company...and you can assign a particular ip to only be able to edit certain pages

There are quite a few more tweaks I added, but those are the 2 big ones that my clients really seem to like.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...