close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

JS Errors with DA Page Creation

Thread began 5/26/2012 10:14 am by billplunk438059 | Last modified 5/29/2012 7:02 am by billplunk438059 | 2493 views | 8 replies

billplunk438059

JS Errors with DA Page Creation

I've been attempting to work with the Data Assist Page creation feature to create backend admin pages and have been running into various JavaScript execution errors part way through the execution process and the process halts. I've attached two different errors that were encountered. The first was encountered when creating a set of pages from scratch and happened after the insert page had been successfully completed but while the results page was in progress. The insert page would function correctly when tested in terms of adding records but the results page was incomplete due to the halt.

The second was encountered attempting to create the User Admin (including creation of the DB tables) after the insert page and update page had been created and while the results page was in progress. The DB tables were successfully created but only the two pages produced.

I've been able to get pages to run through succesfully so long as the fields are simple and a direct reflection of what's in the tables...the moment I start trying to use menus/lists that point to other tables for values/names, errors occur.

I'm running DW CS5.5, Windows 7, and have the DataBridge, DesignExtender, and eCart extensions installed as the latest versions. I tried uninstalling the Databridge extension and reinstalling and the errors persist.

I'm not sure if it is related, but the pages that do execute when the errors are encountered have HTML and PHP code irregularities at the end of the pages in terms of the final html and php tags getting jumbled together and repeated incorrectly. Those are easily fixed by hand, I include it here only as a possible additional symptom. Those jumble errors don't occur when I try to create simple pages and the code is clean and works without issue.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...