close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Email to group of addresses from recordset(s)

Thread began 3/23/2012 10:49 am by alanblazek436860 | Last modified 3/26/2012 7:10 pm by alanblazek436860 | 1979 views | 7 replies

alanblazek436860

Email to group of addresses from recordset(s)

Hello,
I cannot find a specific answer in the forums that addresses my issue.

I would like to be able to have someone choose a group(s) of email addresses from a recordset based on a "team".

I see that UE can set "to" as one recordset result, however I need to allow users to choose from 5 different "teams". And possibly multiple teams.

I have read forum posts suggesting checkboxes for individual addresses, however not for multiple recorset results.

Questions:

Can UE pull the correct team email addresses from one big recordset based on a selection in the form, or do I need to create multiple recorsets, one for each team?

I was going to use a dropdown to choose, but even if I go with checkboxes, how do I assign the different recordset results (groups of emails) to each drop down, or checkbox.

Just to be absolutely clear, I want a visitor to be able to choose a team(s), fill out the form and have the form results emailed to everyone on that team.

Thanks
Alan

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...