close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Send random password to approved user

Thread began 1/29/2012 3:17 am by steelace396915 | Last modified 1/29/2012 9:54 am by steelace396915 | 3778 views | 3 replies

steelace396915

Send random password to approved user

Hi

I wonder how I can accomplish the following task:
I have a registration page built in SA where a user apply for membership to my site. They just enter their personal information like name, address, email etc. These values are written into my db. I also have a accesslevel column and new users gets a applicant status when they register that wont let them login until I change that value in db to approved user. When they register they don't enter a desired password so that column remains blank in db. Now from my admin pages built with DA I have the userupdate page where I can change the registered users personal information if needed and also update the users status to approved user via a accesslevels menufield. All this works but at the time I change the users accesslevel to approved and submitting the changes (updating the form) I would like to have an email sent to the user with login information to my site containing their ID/email and an autogenerated password (random password) which is also inserted in db at the time I submit the change. I would like this password to be inserted encrypted with SHA1 in db. Of course the user should recieve the email showing that password none-encrypted. When the user is successfully logged in with his sent credentials he/she should be able to change that autogenerated password in the userupdate page (SA built page) to whatever he/she chooses according to password rules of course and when submitting the change the password should be updated in db with SHA1 encryption. I hope my explanation on what I'd like to accomplish is clear? I need some input in how to accomplish this!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Martin J.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...