close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Image resizer dynamic image some smaller size gets blury

Thread began 8/09/2011 1:51 pm by Miguel | Last modified 8/09/2011 2:13 pm by Miguel | 982 views | 1 replies

Miguel

Image resizer dynamic image some smaller size gets blury

Hello i have been making admin panels where my clients can upload their product pictures but some times they have a small image some times they have them super big, the upload script in data assist i have it to resize pictures to 700x700 pixels, this to implement a shadow box popup, i have set the thumbnails to be shown at 250 pixel width empty height and apply on them IR, my client uploaded some pictures 128x128 pixels on the thumbnail where IR is apply the pictures where stretched and i did not have selected the "Resize image smaller than specified dimensions", this makes the pictures look pretty bad, my question is why do we have the option to tell it not to resize if the pictures are smaller and it keeps doing it, how can i prevent this from happening i can not tell my clients hey u cant upload smaller pictures, i remember ADDT and sorry to mention it lol but they had a pretty nice thumbnail resizer that it do not resize if the picture was smaller than the specified size and never steched them like this.

So what to do now? should i just use the resize option on DFP2 and lose the money on IR or will there be any solution soon?

It seem the IR is only good when pictures are bigger than the size you need to fit on smaller pictures it becomes a real mess and this limites the use of dynamic pictures

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...