close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Big problems with fresh ps4.5 install

Thread began 8/02/2011 9:18 am by martin400112 | Last modified 8/02/2011 12:36 pm by martin400112 | 2526 views | 2 replies

martin400112

Big problems with fresh ps4.5 install

Hi,

Where to begin?

I purchased PS 4.5 yesterday to upgrade an existing PS 3 install and followed all of the instructions. Nothing worked at all and it failed to work a further 4 times. So I removed the entire existing shop and database as your blurb about PS4 boasts about a quick install.

This done, I then uploaded the site to the root directory of the server and followed every instruction I could find on your site and forums.

The site eventually uploaded and installed itself nicely and my client and I started making changes to the design and added some content straight after the install. All went smoothly until we logged out.

All the settings were added in correctly and saved.

We also added one category, two sub-categories and a couple of sub-sub-categories. One had a test product in it.

After logging out we looked at our test product, added it to the cart and went to check-out (we were not in Test Mode). The server returned with a Warning about the website's Security Certificate - was never a problem before the clean install - and then, when we clicked on 'Continue to this Page Anyway', cart.php apparently could not be found.

Then, trying to return to the home page, the site returns this message: 'Subquery returns more than 1 row'. In fact, every page returns the same message.

I cannot explain how annoying and embarassing this is to have happened when sitting *with* a client, unveiling their new website. It has taken over 36 hours to get to a point where it still doesn't work. PS4 has so far been a big disappointment.

The install directory has been deleted as requested and I am at a loss with a very grumpy client on my back and I do not know what to do or where an error lies.

So, there are 3 things here:

Firstly: Every why does every page return the 'Subquery returns more than 1 row' message and no other content.

Secondly: Why the site returns a Website Security Certificate warning when checking out.

Thirdly: Why the site will not allow a check out to complete via cart.php.

Please help at your earliest convenience.

Martin

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...