In this thread it appears they are wanting/expecting shipping options to appear in the shopping cart? whether it appears in the shopping cart or not here is my concern.
I installed PowerStore 4.5 and find that shipping options only appears after the shopping cart checkout. That would be my first concern.
1) why would we not want a shipping options to be visible when viewing the shopping cart? (I understand we have not collected shipping addresses at this point) however, like many other shopping carts on the market. Users want to see shipping costs upfront. Sometimes these are estimated calculation options if the user provides a zip code.
2) After clicking on the cart checkout button PowerStore takes me to a check out screen for billing/shipping. etc. On my screen I also have an options for PayPal and credit card. if I click on PayPal shipping costs are not provided/displayed when the user clicks on their PayPal account for confirmation until after PowerStore takes them back from PayPal into the store. This seems wrong as how are we to collect shipping costs if the user just confirmed total costs in PayPal without shipping costs?
3) if the user clicks on the credit card option we now have shipping appearing before submitting costs to the credit card. This options is reversed/different then the PayPal options when displaying shipping costs. (PayPal options/credit card shipping options are different)
4) I don't want to have to figure this out/customize PowerStore as per shipping and it seems when I use Amazon, newegg, tigerdirect, etc.. all of these stores estimate shipping right up front for the users.
5) one last note, it seems this checkout process could be more consolidated without a lot of user clicks and taking up so much real-estate on the screen.
I didn't see any thread addressing this issue please forgive me if there is one. If not already solved. I would encourage shipping estimates to be "vanilla" part of PowerStores cart experience. it would be a good thing. Please provide shipping to be included when I click on PayPal confirmations "vanilla" unless my version of PowerStore in the only one having problems. since I would be surprised this would not be a concern to others.
Please let me know if there is a solution...............
sorry for the length of this log