I'm not sure I explained myself correctly last time. The page I re-uploaded was just a copy of the original page I tried to add CMS Builder content to. When first attempting to add content from the page to CMS Builder the information was inserted into the database, but the code wasn't being written correctly to the page, so once I'd gotten my initial content into the database I then replaced the now-broken page with a backup copy that had not been instructed to add content to CMS Builder and then rather than adding content TO CMS builder I asked it to GET content from CMS Builder (the same content I'd just tried to upload that was sitting in the database, but not displaying correctly on the first version of my page). Once this was completed I was then able to add content from other pages to the CMS and get content from the CMS too.
Hope that explains it more clearly.