close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Do we have to wait for a shooting star?!

Thread began 1/20/2010 5:11 am by tone397472 | Last modified 9/11/2011 7:09 pm by tone397472 | 7417 views | 49 replies

eric284736

InterAkt came out with their system a couple of years ago and it completely handled all of my needs minus a shopping cart.

My trust in the company was instant. The product interface was easy to understand and to use and best of all when a behavior was applied it worked!!!

Sadly, they sold to Adobe who made big promises and then ultimatley scrapped ADDT.

Well I am still it using although that will come to an end when I finally move over to DW CS5.

My point is I never once needed support from InterAKt. I am not a programmer, I am a designer with a little programming experience which I guess makes me dangerous :)

I do however like to understand at least what the code is doing. When I request Webassist support I want to feel better and more knowledgeable about my issue instead of being told it can't be done or I have to handcode this in order to make it work. If they are willing to attempt to help me solve my issue then it starts to cause me to trust them and become loyal to them. Afterall I bought software to build something that should work on the basic level the first time. If I run a wizard they have built and then the process does not work, I request support and find out I have to move this block of code to this area of the page in order to work. Why would the wizard not properly place the code in the first place? At the very least maybe a documented note saying this could happen during the wizard and here is the work around.

It seems much time could be saved on both sides by "opening up" some of the process and locating it in a centralized place. "How to do" topics have been in place before with interactive tutorials and those are great. Solution recipes for maybe some hand coding methods would be in order. That would save much time for everyone involved if I asked a question about inventory control for an excisitng cart - Sure refer to this link... I can't be the first person to ask and trying to track it down by searching the forums can be a big time waster.

There was a ton of knowledge in the OLD forums, much that I had bookmarked, but those appear to be gone now and I recall a number of those How Tos were created by Ray. Ray did seem to go the extra mile to get the errant hand coded requirement working or at least gave you enough of a fishing pole to accomplish the job yourself.

I really want to have faith in Webassist and know when I use one of their products they are "there" with me to be succussful. I believe it is in their best interest as much as mine.

Thanks,
Eric

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...