Well, I finally got it working...here is the process I used. As per my prior post, I am very ignorant about such things, so I am quite confident there is a far easier approach!
1. Created site locally in DW using Site Sculptor
2. Made all changes to pages and added content locally using the localhost test server (via XAmpp)
3. Edited the file PowerCMSConnection.php in the Connections directory and entered the information (server name, database, user, password) for the production server.
4. Uploaded all files to production server.
5. Used SQLyog to upload the five tables (pcms2_contenthistory, pcms2_contents, pcms2_usergroups, pcms2_users, wa_settings) from the localhost database to the production server database.
6. Edited the field PCMS Remote Root in the table wa_settings to be the root name of the production server’s site.
This worked for me. I hope this may help someone else having a similar challenge. Cheers.