close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

swf file in product description

Thread began 1/12/2011 11:44 pm by nancy268153 | Last modified 1/14/2011 12:49 pm by nancy268153 | 2637 views | 24 replies

neilo

Hiya Nancy - cool, glad it's going well!

Am really pleased you posted and drew my attention to my LightRoom SSP plugin; - I have been used to using the Flash/Photoshop SSP plugins, but this one does it all in one easy operation!

NOW (Oooeerrr):

Adding a new SlideshowPro for LightRoom to a Product Detail Page

Here is, I think, the final instruction for adding SlideshowPro for Adobe LightRoom to your Products' detal pages. Each product can have (if you wish) its own slideshow, with pop-ups and full-screen (if you selected those options while producing the LightRoom files). Examples may be seen on a demo/testing store (2 Items) HERE

Only one line of code now goes into the head of the Products_Detais.php page, as it is a generic script which will apply to any slideshow added via the PowerSrore admin area.

Here are the steps:

Created a new SlideShow Pro for LightRoom Gallery, and exported it to folder lr_galleries/gallery2.
FTP'd the gallery2 folder to the lr_galleries folder in the root of my remote site (www.mysite.com/lr_galleries/gallery2)
In the folder that is still in my desktop, I opened gallery2/index.html and clicked to view page source code.
I copied the following blocks of code into a text document (Notepad):

a)

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/slideshowpro.js"></script>

b)

<div id="slideshow">
</div>

c)

<script type="text/javascript">
SlideShowPro({
attributes: {
id: "slideshow",
expandBrowserWindow: false,
width: "300.00",
height: "275.00",
src: "slideshowpro.swf"
},
mobile: {
auto: false
},
params: {
bgcolor: "#333333",
allowfullscreen: "true"
},
flashvars: {
xmlFileType: "Default",
xmlFilePath: encodeURIComponent("images.xml"),
paramXMLPath: "param.xml"
}
});
</script>
I changed the four paths marked in red (above) to reflect the new correct paths RELATIVE to the Products_Detail.php file in my PowerStore files. (My PowerStore files and folders are all in my remote root directory).
IMPORTANT!
You need to add base: ".", immediately after the line: params: {
The code in my text document now looks like this (for my setup):
a)

<script type="text/javascript" src="lr_galleries/gallery2/js/slideshowpro.js"></script>

b)

<div id="slideshow">
</div>

c)

SlideShowPro({
src: "lr_galleries/gallery2/slideshowpro.swf"
},
},
base: ".",

},
xmlFilePath: encodeURIComponent("lr_galleries/gallery2/images.xml"),
paramXMLPath: "lr_galleries/gallery2/param.xml"
}
});
</script>
I pasted block a)

<script type="text/javascript" src="lr_galleries/gallery2/js/slideshowpro.js"></script>
between the <head></head> tags of my Products_Detail.php page[/color]
I logged into Admin of my online PowerStore, and added a new item (in a new category, coincidentally, - add your new item where you like).
I filled in all the item details, and pasted block c)

SlideShowPro({
src: "lr_galleries/gallery2/slideshowpro.swf"
},
},
base: ".",
},
xmlFilePath: encodeURIComponent("lr_galleries/gallery2/images.xml"),
paramXMLPath: "lr_galleries/gallery2/param.xml"
}
});
</script>
at the very top of the 'Long Description' HTMLEditor area in source view. You can add any other long description text, tables or images etc you like after that code.
Find - in the 'Long Description' source view code where you would like your slideshow to appear, and paste in block b) - which is simply:

<div id="slideshow"> </div>

i.e. an EMPTY div with the ID of "slideshow"
No need to do anything else, - DO NOT try to use any of the HTML Editor's 'Insert Flash' buttons to add the slideshow. Just save your new item entry.
You can save/close that page.
Finally, if - when you were creating the slideshow in LightRoom - you configured pop-ups to appear when you click a Slideshow image (this is configured by default) then you will need to open your images.xml file (lr_galleries/gallery2/images.xml) - or whatever your own path is - and correct all the paths in if for pop.html.

Just do a search and replace on pop.html to add your path (relative to your Products_Detail.php file):
Search: pop.html
Replace: lr_galleries/gallery2/pop.html - or whatever your new path is.

The gallery should now work fine. For future galleries, you will not need to do step 8, as that code will be common to all galleries you add thereafter.

I hope that I have included everything, I'm sure I have, but get in touch if you have any problems!

Cheers!

EDIT: I'm off to play with the LIghtRoom SSP Gallery thingammyjig - it has some incredibly cool effects/templates - soooo configurable!!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...