close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 or 2018 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

currency change and from ps3 to PS4

Thread began 9/28/2010 4:12 pm by Jordan | Last modified 10/09/2010 5:23 pm by Jordan | 2983 views | 25 replies

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

Originally Said By: John Moran
  1st point “From a business…” I admire your loyalty to WebAssist but that may be because you are, as it says on your web site, the only approved Strategic Partner in Europe for WebAssist.  

Yes I am a long time user of WA products but do not mistake that for a blinkered approach, when I think they have got things wrong I will say so.

WebAssist do not make it clear on their web site that their products are aimed solely at the US MARKET.  

I did not say that WA's products were aimed solely at the american market I said that PS was as evidenced by this statement:
By default, PowerStore supports US currency only within the administrative backend. However, someone with experience modifying code could edit the pages where this appears to display the currency symbol they require.

on the powerstore product page powerstore/

in order to be compliant with Customs and Excise prices should include VAT, and there is no need to show VAT as a separate item.  

This is not correct, if you are a VAT registered business, which we are, you are obliged to show the following information on your invoices:

a unique and sequential identifying invoice number
the date the invoice is issued
your customer's name and address
your business' name, address and VAT registration number
date of supply to the customer
a description sufficient to identify the supply of goods or services
the quantity of the goods or services with a unit price - excluding VAT
the rate of VAT per item
the total amount of VAT amount owed without VAT added
the total amount of VAT

Source: detail?itemId=1073791759&type=RESOURCES

2nd point “In comparison to support….” Surly the currency content is just a symbol.  

Yes currency content is just a symbol but to support that currency you need payment gateways, shippers etc.

3rd Point “Powerstore is an inexpensive……..” Check this out www.prestashop.com
the retail customer can change the currency at point of sale, and its real time conversion, oh and its open source  

I believe powerstore is inexpensive in terms of what it would cost to develop store with the same capabilities taking into account the time taken. That's an interesting link, I will download and have a play when I have some spare time.

Looked at your site and found some clear advice regarding WebAssist products perhaps they should employ you to write their manuals.  

Thanks, I write for fun and sometimes to remind myself how I did stuff so I don't forget !

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...