That is not the problem. I did run in to that problem, but noticed that if I press enter in the value field it takes my settings. Let me start over just in case I have lost you...
I originally set up the Data Assist admin section using Data Assist and Digital File Pro. I followed the directions in the following solution:
and everything worked great!
Recently, one of our vendors asked that we put the full URL before the file name in our database so they can easily integrate our data into their web site.
I made the changes to all data assist pages and everything works OK except the update page.
If I add the URL to the update behavior, it always inserts the URL. This happens regardless of whether or not a new file is being uploaded. For example...
Lets say I have the following in my database field:
If I run an update and DO NOT upload a new file, the update behaviors changes it to this:
Then I tried your suggestion to add a condition and now it just empties the database field.
I am desperate for a solution... Thanks for your help.