Security Assist Update Profile
I didn't upload this to my live server until today –*long story.
Anyway, I removed the password field and then re-added it to my database to add 40 characters. Now each user still exists in my database, but the password field is blank.
When I test this using my own profile:
1. After I enter my password (which is no longer stored in the database) it sends me to the forgot password page. Good.
2. When I enter my email, I am sent a temporary password. Good
Here's where the trouble starts.
3. After I enter my email in step 2, I am redirected to the Profile page, where it states "no records found". Why? The emails match and the temporary password is saved in the database, so I don't understand this.
4. After I go back to log-in, the temporary password works. Good.
5. If I go to the Update Profile page (to which I added a link so users can change the temporary password), I get the Profile page with the no records found message again.
Why isn't it recognizing that the email matches, and then pulling the profile information from the database?