Something that might be useful for the GSG:
An existing site: If you create a new connection using the Dynamic Connections Build (DCB) you are tempted to give it a new name so that it differs from the old DW connection name. This then means a search and replace throughout the entire site to change the connection criteria for all the dynamic content. And then upload all these files to the server as well as the new DCB connections file.
What I did was; change the name of the file in the connections folder (I just put OLD after it). Say "no" to "Update all pages". Then create the DCB using the original connection name. Then all you need do is upload this new connection file and all works fine.