close ad
WARNING PC USERS: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

did you just increase the price of Ex Library?

Thread began 8/14/2010 9:42 am by Peterson Design Studio - jefferis | Last modified 9/03/2010 2:17 pm by Peterson Design Studio - jefferis | 3962 views | 59 replies

neilo

Ray,

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  I don't think we made that promise. Do you know where you got that impression? We actually took down the general discussion area because it didn't seem to be used productively very often several months ago, so I don't think we intend on putting it back up.  

Do I know where I got that impression? Are you kidding? I get fed up having to do your reserch for you, especially as you know very well where I got that impression. We are indeed harking back to the time of the closure of the Announcements discussion:

We will be adding a forum to help people who want to give more feedback. . . [This forum is specifically for Support, so we really want to keep that focus here . . .] and create another forum for non-support related feadback. [ . . . The Announcements Discussion was a clear example of a forum athat encouraged non-support related posts. That is why we removed it. . .] We will be creating a more appropriate area for this type of feedback in the upcoming months. [ LINK ]  

'We will be creating a more appropriate area for this type of feedback in the upcoming months'. That was the particular phrase I was referring to. Granted that was posted at a time WebAssist was in a panic to placate a contingent of its membership following appaling management incompetence Perhaps 'commitment' would have been a more appropriate word to use. [Though 'impression' certainly applies.] Incidentally, you could have ignored the Announcements Discussion forum and let us have a space. The disappearance was more about clinically sterilising the site than it was about discouraging 'non-support related posts', - it wasn't support forum, it was a 'Discussion Forum'. The words 'Discussion Forum' are the clues here.

What is the nature of the discussion you hope to start in that area? Perhaps I can help direct you to the appropriate place.  

Well, (surprised you didn't spot it) posts of a 'nature' such as this one; also posts where one can ask for information such as updates on the progress of the Data Grid/DataAssist, having been given the impression - by Michael Lekse - that this would be updated regularly [No updates from Lekse and the page no longer exists [ LINK ].Threads where I can discuss with other professionals subjects peripheral to WebAssist products and implementations.

Your support staff on these forums are first class, your management, however, is abysmal - following a knee-jerk business model, with decision-making seemingly happening on the fly, apparently in response to the latest off-the-cuff wheeze from management* and the sales department**. All of this shoddiness is perpetrated under the pretence of 'Listening to your customers', although customer consultation is undoubtedly the last thing on the management team's minds. How could you know what people want? There is nowhere they can post it.

[* The forum support model, Disappearing forum ** The 'WebAssist is Dedicated to the Developer' fiasco, Sale deals that undercut recent prior deals, The Extension Library muddle]

I would also like to discuss my (and one or two others') frequent perceptions that WebAssist is in trouble, and what would happen about activating extensions if the worst happens. Will the code be released? Etc. etc.

I hope that answers your questions. I don't require a reply, as this is not a support issue. Give me the appropriate forum.

If you take anything from this, it is that the support staff are first class. May the rest of the company - whatever that consists of - work on catching up.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...