close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Dynamic Suite - Having Troubles Putting It All Together?

Thread began 8/09/2010 5:32 pm by sadie406824 | Last modified 9/03/2010 2:44 pm by sadie406824 | 1741 views | 24 replies

sadie406824

Good Afternoon Craig - So here is where I am at. I have looked at your examples and have exhausted all resources on webassist. We sell race numbers, you can check this out at Generic.htm - If you scroll down and look at the price items on the "Generic Non-Pull Tag Numbers Type E" we have a color option of black or red (this can be set up as you have shown in your examples above, pull/fly menu), but the quantity & price is where I am stuck.

Everything is sold in lots of 100 and in my DB I have this particular product set up as two seperate products one row for red & one row for black. Both with the price .18¢ and weight of .5 lb - With that being stated I need to have a text form field where a person can enter their number series; such as 1-100, 301-500 & 701-1000 (as customers do not always purchase race numbers in a straight run) or another example of this would be 1-100 7 sets. So this would be 700 numbers total for either example, which will qualify for a price discount of .01¢ per number (.17¢ each).

I thought I could do the following e-cart merchandising rule:

CONDITIONS: Quantity of Item 2 >= 400
QUANTITY OF A SPECIFIC ITEM IN THE CART:
If the quantity of item 2 in the cart is >= a value of 400**
preceed with "presence of item"
CALCULATION: Based on the cart subtotal
Cart subtotal TIMES .01

But then I realized I had no form field to handle the number series or any scripting to have that form field SUM the entered value so if there is a strange number series request as shown in my example above, the value would add the pairs of number series together for one sum to pass the price/discount. Make sense? I have several products with this exact issue that I have to resolve. All tutorials talk about blue, red, white t-shirts and shoes with price increasing for certain sizes, not form fields that require the end user to provide specific information??? Please help.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...