close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

ADDT includes vs WA includes

Thread began 8/10/2010 1:52 pm by Mike | Last modified 9/05/2010 2:59 am by Mike | 4398 views | 30 replies

AlaskaTomBeta Tester

I agree with Victor about ADDTs transaction/trigger method. It is fantastically flexible, and not difficult to update, or modify.
Their use of the word 'trigger' is confusing and innaccurate though. They really are just functions that you can specify to run in a particular sequence, either before, or after the transaction (insert, update or delete query).

One really handy thing, is that if the trigger (function) returns any value, other than NULL or true, it is considered an error, and the transaction rolls back, and you can pass that error on to the page, and it is displayed, informing the user why the transaction failed.

In my opinion though, the biggest strength, is the ability to create (and easily modify) master lists that are filterable and sortable, and can be linked to multiple (insert, update or delete) forms.

A single wizard builds the update/insert/delete page, complete with all validation (both client side, and server side), letting you choose the fields from your specified database table.

Its really nice having a multiple insert/update page that is fully validated.

A list page, once created can be turned into a detail list (related to a master list with a foreign key).

This makes it easy to manage multiple tables in a master/detail relationship, related with foreign keys.

If a new version if data assist is in the works, it would be nice to have some features like these included.

Ray, I have worked some with data assist over the past couple years, but have worked with ADDT very heavily for many years, and am very familiar with it. If you are interested, PM me, and I would be very happy to chat with you about some of its capabilities. It would be great.

Looking forward to a more robust Data Assist!

Thanks.
Tom

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...