close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

ADDT includes vs WA includes

Thread began 8/10/2010 1:52 pm by Mike | Last modified 9/05/2010 2:59 am by Mike | 4383 views | 30 replies

victor278184

i agree regarding that code that generating by WA is more readable more easier to customize..

but i disagree regarding trigger..

you said: "My problem with ADDT's trigger concept was always that it made it much harder to alter the code once the triggers were in place. Instead of PHP being a top-down language, the trigger method makes it more based on function and takes many of the possible alterations out of it.

Sure, the trigger method makes it easier if you are just making simple CMS inserts and updates, but many of my own projects for my clients require heavy alterations to code to perform tasks that no framework or functions does out of the box."

well, i don't suggest you alter the trigger code.. but instead i encourage you to master a custom trigger concept, it is really limitless.. i create an inventory application (not just website) with ADDT and it build faster, even from my hard core programmer who use CodeIgniter. The same speed you can't achieve with DataAssist.

in custom trigger concept, the idea is limitless, you can set/get coloumn for transaction, get base path, do custom validation, do mail merge, do SEO Analysis with regex... you name it, you can have it... when there's error.. no need to worry.. ADDT can rollback the transaction process..... the great thing is.. you only have to focus per-custom trigger and set the priority. you don't have to rely on ADDT server behavior only, and you're not recommended to tweak ADDT's default triggers.. i think Interakt team has put a good solid concept at that time (i think its 2003).. ADDT has become a very best friend of our web designer team which also a good mediator for our web programmer team. For simple company profile.. no programmer team involved.. all can be done by designer team.

problem is.. the same concept applied until now without any more optimization, no more support.... i believe a lot of things can be done more efficiently with current technology.. this is where WA's comes in...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...