close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

How are you using the Framework?

Thread began 8/10/2010 8:49 am by Daryl | Last modified 8/11/2010 12:46 pm by Daryl | 2080 views | 17 replies

Steve

Originally Said By: codamedia
  Daryl,

The difference between a "Framework Plugin" and a normal "PHP include" is that you don't need to remove head tags, body tags, etc... from the included file. All you do is create a full page the way you normally would - then the framework includes it properly into the master page. It puts the head within the Head - and the Body at the location it needs to be.  

I've yet to see how this is any different than a regular server side include.

For instance, I design all my sites with "includes". I do the same as you noted and take the header into it's own file, same with footer and any nav bars (which also usually contain dynamic menu links). Then my basic DW template links to all these files via server side includes. If I need change or add a menu link, it's only needed to be done in one file. The whole site is then up to date.

I picked up this new extension and so far see if as introducing a "conditional include". But that's all so far. No groundbreaking changes if you know how to code in php.

So maybe I am missing something, or need to give the extension some more testing.

What I would like to see is that ability to edit the includes/plugins after they are created. In context. Meaning within a page so that the CSS and other relational elements are present when you make changes. Otherwise we are back to having to reassemble the template page as it was before you separated the various includes files.

DW CS5 was supposed to do this so you could edit a Wordpress Theme in an assembled state. I've yet to have the time to search this out in DW as I save my master templates and can make adjustments in that environment then cut the portion changed and update the include.

Conditional Includes... Cool. I'll figure out something to use this for

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...