close ad
WARNING PC USERS: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

DataAssist Results Issue (when live)

Thread began 6/21/2010 2:23 pm by braduhl | Last modified 7/12/2010 1:29 pm by braduhl | 2397 views | 17 replies

braduhl

Hi Jason,

Thanks again for all your help last week - I appreciate it.

I have taken your advice and have been trying to setup PayPal Website Payments Standard for our secure payment system. It seems like it should work perfect between my CCI_Cart2.asp page and the CCI_OrderConf.asp page.

I have setup all the hidden fields for Form submission to PayPal, along with the redirect to PayPal's site upon submitting the form, but it appears that I am not successfully sending the form data to PayPal, as only there standard PayPal Login page comes up, not the customer payment page - I have been told that this is due to the fact that they are not receiving the variables from my form post.

I am not sending any Cart Details, just using a "Buy Now" type function to pass the Cart Total, along with the Customer Name & Address to populate their payment form (along with some other info PayPal requires). By still handling all the details on my end, I can still use all the WebAssist functionality (discount, tax, real-time UPS Shipping, etc.) and keep things as simple as possible with PayPal.

A nice guy by the name of Justin (PayPal Support) has looked into my CCI_Cart2.asp page and has determined what he believes to be the issue (see below), but I am not sure what I need to do to fix the problem on my page.

-------------------------------------------

Thanks for the login. I tested the checkout and pulled the headers and found no details being added to the redirect. The checkout button at:
http://www.crystalcarversinc.com/secure/CCI_Cart2.asp

Sends all the order information to itself:

<form name="CCI_Cart_Display" method="POST" action="/secure/CCI_Cart2.asp?">
<input name="CustID" type="hidden" value="2000">
<input name="ShipFirstName" type="hidden" value="Bradley">
<input name="ShipMI" type="hidden" value="K.">
<input name="ShipLastName" type="hidden" value="Uhl">
<input name="ShipCompany" type="hidden" value="Crystal Carvers, Inc.">
<input name="ShipAddr1" type="hidden" value="4040 Essex Court">
<input name="ShipAddr2" type="hidden" value="Building 3">
<input name="ShipCity" type="hidden" value="Powell">

<input name="ShipState" type="hidden" value="OH">
<input name="ShipZip" type="hidden" value="43065">
<input name="ShipCountry" type="hidden" value="undefined">
<input name="SubTotal" type="hidden" value="17.5">
<input name="Discounts" type="hidden" value="0">
<input name="SalesTax" type="hidden" value="0">
<input name="Shipping" type="hidden" value="10.69">
<input name="OrderTotal" type="hidden" value="28.19">

<input name="business" type="hidden" value="sales@crystalcarversinc.com">

<input name="item_name" type="hidden" value="CCI Glassware & Crystal Products">
<input name="currency_code" type="hidden" value="USD">
<input name="amount" type="hidden" value="28.19">
<input name="no_shipping" type="hidden" value="1">
<input name="cn" type="hidden" value="Additional Order Comments for CCI:">
<input name="no_note" type="hidden" value="0">
<input name="return" type="hidden" value="http://www.crystalcarversinc.com/secure/CCI_OrderConf.asp">
<input name="cancel_return" type="hidden" value="http://www.crystalcarversinc.com/secure/CCI_PaymentCancel.htm">
<input name="image_url" type="hidden" value="http://www.crystalcarversinc.com/secure/images/CCILogo_PP.gif">

<input name="cmd" type="hidden" value="_ext-enter">
<input name="redirect_cmd" type="hidden" value="_xclick">
<input name="email" type="hidden" value="buhl1@columbus.rr.com">
<input name="first_name" type="hidden" value="Bradley">
<input name="last_name" type="hidden" value="Uhl">
<input name="address1" type="hidden" value="4040 Essex Court">
<input name="city" type="hidden" value="Powell">
<input name="state" type="hidden" value="OH">

<input name="zip" type="hidden" value="43065">

Than does a redirect to the PayPal page but when it does the redirect it only redirects to the url the data within the post is not redirected with the browser and so it gives you the home pages as just like you theorized:
"Could it be that the form information is not making it to the PayPal page?"

So in your CCI_Cart2.asp or at least the one attached to this ticket (unsure if it has changed plus) it appears that you are trying to find and attach a QueryString to the redirect but the original is a POST and the querystring should only be present in a GET method. I may be incorrect as my asp is not the best but this appears to be the issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As there a several things happening with this page (primarily adding the order information to the database), I did not want to mess anything up by messing with it :). Someday I'll understand more of this :confused:.

I have attached an updated CCI_Cart2.asp page to this post for your review. The bizzare cart clearing issue that we were experiencing seemed to disappear after correcting some code issues I found on the attached page, along with not using my SSL at the point of login (never going to https:).

PayPal does seem like a very good solution and it seems that if we can just get the variables to pass to PayPal on form submission, it should work. Thanks for pointing us back in this direction and your advice.

Hope you had a great 4th Weekend!

Thanks again,

Brad
Crystal Carvers Inc.
614-792-0729

Attached Files
CCI_Cart2.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...