I have not had any previous versions installed. I am working as admin user. I even uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials and disabled the firewall. Eventually, I installed Data Assist version 1, and although I got a bit further, I still had problems. So I decided to stick the database on another host. Some of the problems went away. I don't know what the deal is with GoDaddy, but this is the second time I have encountered baffling errors with them despite have external access on the hosted database.
I have now moved the site to be hosted by mediatemple.net. After creating the access with them, I found that the wizard in Data Assist 2.0.7 was able to complete. I got 2 "unknown SQL commands" errors when I started the wizard, but it completed. I have been unable to test the page due to a DNS issue they are having as of right now. Yea, I know, I am having some bad luck, lol. Since they are a major hosting provider, that will be resolved soon and when I return form work tonight, I will test to see if the wizard worked.
As far as I can tell, this Data Assist wizard freezing/crashing issue probably has something to do with the GoDaddy database hosting. I think the wizard does something when it says "updating database schema" which does not work well with GoDaddy. I have only seen that message a couple of times, but I am sure it is trying to communicate with the remote database when it crashes.