close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

ADDT, Dreamweaver CS5, DataAssist… which future?

Thread began 4/29/2010 9:42 am by Mike | Last modified 1/03/2011 10:23 am by Mike | 11658 views | 54 replies

neilo

Hi Ian,

You're absolutel right of course. It's far better to kow the workings than not.

The problem with analogies is that once started, one feels obliged to continue - even if it is somebody else's construct, and an odd fit to one's own point of view. The only way I can apply your analogy to my point of view is to point out that it wouldn't be very useful to the car owner if the mechanic sent the car back with a note pinned to the windscreen saying, 'It's easy', and it wouldn't have been very useful to the mechanic during his apprenticeship HND if the instructors had popped in every so often just to remark how easy everything was.

I suspect that what we're really dancing around here is the question of who these extensions are for. Are they for people like yourself who have already acquired some skill in PHP (and a conscience in tow - good man), or are they also for the unconscionable other - those who come to dynamic pages from a whole host of alternative - but equally valid - backgrounds, atrracted by the marketing material like moths to light?

I have seen people here making incredible progress from a standing start to what looks very much like a good knowledge of dynamic application, which makes me think that we're all in the same boat/car/cabbage, in various stages of the same process. We start somewhere > we learn some stuff > we carry on. We use the tools and knowledge available to us.

So yes - it's good to know stuff and to learn more stuff, - although conscience, like easiness, is another variable I have some difficulty in attaching a value to in this context.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...