close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

coupon error

Thread began 4/24/2010 11:39 am by sbik369225 | Last modified 5/11/2010 1:56 pm by sbik369225 | 1720 views | 19 replies

elton

Originally Said By: donegan
  Hi Eric,

I know you are trying to help us but these questions are just going in circles.

The facts are these:

Some of us were getting the 404 Error. The problem was a "typo" in the coding. We needed to change a Capital "P" to a lower case "p" or was that Lower Case "p" to a Capital "P" for "Products_Search.php. Whichever it was this has been noted and fixed.

It was a typo in the coding these things happen. We have the fix and have posted it to let others know what to so until WebAssist post a fix to the main file.

The above fixed my submitted issue on THIS problem:) too (Elton)

Now lets move on to the other things that need attention.

The problems that are still nagging most of us and are becoming show stoppers are the following:

1. Cannot make the change to the "cart.php" with ecart so that we can set up "Flat Rate Shipping".

WebAssist Ticket has been submitted by you - over a week ago

E-cart was suppose to be the fix. It is not.

2. Cannot turn on shipping with PayPal Express and shipping active at the same time without having to spend more money upgrading to PayPal Pro.

Web Assist Ticket has been submitted by you - over a week ago

3. When setting up a coupon in PowerStore 3, we cannot switch from appling the coupon to "all" the products to only a few select items.

Web Assist Ticket has been sumitted - over a week ago

If you cannot recreate the problem I have offered to show it to you using GotoMeeting.

4. Setting up PayPal Standard was also a show stopper for some of us but most have found workarounds at the request of clients that do not want to pay Paypal twice for the same service (my client's words).

As stated above these are show stoppers, I cannot send my clients web site live becuase of these problems. This is costing money.

Can we stop beating around the bush and just get these things fixed.

Some of these problems were noted over a month ago.

If this cannot be fixed let us know now so that we can get started on replacements.

If it can be fixed it is time to post the fix and stop waiting our time going in circles.

If you need testers we are waiting to finish what we started.  

RE: (1) The above (case change) fixed my submitted issue on THIS problem:) too (Elton)

Yes, and the problem with eCart 4.5 where it mangles shipping rules ( if (true && ()) { ) is not scheduled for a fix until a future release in eCart 5.xxx So, you cannot change anything with eCart I quess..:mad:
---------------
On 4/28 I asked the questioun, "Has the problem with eCart 4.5 where it mangles shipping rules ( if (true && ()) { ) been fixed in 5.0?

Answer: According to Jason Byrnes WebAssist Technical Support Manager

No, it will be fixed in future update to eCart 5.
--------------
I am still unable to get a taxable/non-taxable field to work correctly, making eCart all but wothless for my purpose.

(2) I agree. This is a bug/defect that should be fixed. As it, the product does not meet it's advertising and it does not appear that WebAssist is making any effort to correct this KNOWN bug.

(3) So far I have not seen this problem.

(4) Will WebAssist please provide a delivery date for these fixes?????

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...