the name of a checkbox cannot have a space in it.
Form element names must conform to the following rules:
1) Use only letters and numbers
2) The only exception is the underscore "_"
3) Te first character in the name must be a letter.
A form element has four distinct parts to it:
1) The Type - tells the browser how to display the form element, text box, or check box etc.
2) The Name - what the form element is called. See the rules for naming above
3) The Value - for a text box, this is used to pre populate the form element, in the case of a check box or radio button, it is the value that is sent if the element is checked.
4) The Label - what the user sees form the forms name in the browser.
In your form, you have the following:
<label><input type="checkbox" id="ServiceAreas_13" value="Oakland East" name="Service Areas">Oakland East</label> <br>
the name of the form element "name="Service Areas"" is not correct because it contains a space, it should be changed to "name="Service_Areas"", or even "name="Service_Areas"" because you want it to be a multi checkbox.
The value and label that are being used are fine though, hey can contain spaces.
to correct the form elemtn, you only need to change the name attribute:
<label><input type="checkbox" id="ServiceAreas_13" value="Oakland East" name="Service_Areas">Oakland East</label> <br>