close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

WebAssist Solutions - EULA Update

Thread began 3/18/2010 4:18 pm by neilo | Last modified 4/21/2010 3:09 pm by neilo | 5597 views | 88 replies

troyd

I for one am becoming more confuse by what the EULA is actually saying.

My comments here are purely feedback to WA. And I feel it's important to let WA know that as a customer, "developer", "end user", or whatever label I am today, that I for one dislike any language in a contract that is difficult for the average person to fully understand.
A contract can protect both parties, and still be readable. How can I be expected to agree to something I do not understand. It should just be a matter of "there it is, in black and white". (Or in the case of this EULA, "gray on gray" :) )

I am working countless hours every day to force myself to learn both the PHP and MySQL environment, as well as WA extensions. So the last thing I need is to worry every time I push a button, or hand code, or update a web site I created 2 years go, that I might be unknowingly violating a license. I simply do not need the extra stress.

Add to that, the need for us, at our end to work out proper terms with OUR clients. Now, every time I am asked a question about what they have the right to do, "down the road", I can't even answer them.

There are many things in the EULA that are conflicting, or open to interpretation. I'm starting to think I need to hire a lawyer just to explain it to me so I don't violate it.
For example, I can only install on one computer? Is that correct? Even Adobe lets me install my CS3 on my desktop and my Macbook. I thought WA allowed this also.
And I can't access a solution over a network? Though I don't think it's what they meant, the internet is a form of network.
If I am misunderstanding this, please let me know.

As for the agreement to forfeit past license by installing a new version of the software. I will watch this closer, but as it reads at the moment, I don't think that it affects the developer license since "Software" is defined as the extensions and the extensions still have a developers license. "Solutions" are another story but I don't see where that same agreement applies. And the EULA separates and defines "Software" and "Solutions" . So for example, if you install or use Powerstore3 it doesn't void your EULA for Powerstore2, as I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Having said all that, I have no plans to use any of the newly acquired solutions myself. And I recently purchase the Solution Suite. For one, I want to learn to build them myself. And secondly, I don't want to worry about these issues. I still like what I CAN do with WA extensions. But it's important to me to understand what I am agreeing to. I'd like to see a more user-friendly EULA, even if it says things I don't like. At least I can make an informed decision.

TroyD

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...