close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

User and Admin Logout?

Thread began 1/15/2010 2:34 pm by woodenboat | Last modified 4/20/2010 5:45 pm by woodenboat | 3884 views | 26 replies

Eric Mittman

I would like to help you get this resolved as quickly as possible. I will start with an overview of how the User Registration Solution Pack should be working so that you have a proper reference for it.

in the admin pages for the URSP you should be restricting access to any user that visits a page that has this toward the top of it:

php:
<?php require_once( "../WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php" ); ?>

<?php
if (!WA_Auth_RulePasses("Administrator")){

WA_Auth_RestrictAccess("users_LogIn.php");
}

?>

This access restriction is also in place on the logout page, this is done so that if you are not logged in when you attempt to visit the logout page you will be prompted to login and none of the existing session variables will be deleted.

If you are logged in when you get to the logout page then you will pass the access restriction rule that is in place and go to the next set of code on the page. This code clears out the session variables. It is the presence of these session variables and their values that the access rules are based on. If the session variables are cleared then the rules that are checking them should fail to pass and not allow anyone access to the site.

It seems that your experience is differing from this one. If you can confirm yours is not working like this and that you can access all of the files in the admin regardless of weather or not the session variables are set I will open up a ticket for you on this issue so we can work this out further and exchange details in private. I don't think that your local testing server environment would be the cause of this. If things are not working as they should my first guess would be that the access rules that are being used are either not present or have been altered in some way. Please post back and let us know.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...