close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Emails not sending!!!!!!

Thread began 4/04/2010 3:08 pm by ryanwbaran403359 | Last modified 4/07/2010 11:34 pm by ryanwbaran403359 | 1643 views | 8 replies

neilo

Hey Ryan,

Yes - no huge secrets - it just looked like there had been a couple of extra goes at adding the server-side validations, - but the code hadn't been removed -and if the validation rules had been even a little bit different in each one (or just one) then it could be impossible for the form to validate!

To be honest, I didn't look too closely at each one, I just deleted the first two on the assumption that the last one would be the one that applied to the current form as intended, (although I would have gone on to trouble-shoot if it hadn't worked!) but we got lucky.

Deleting a page element in a dynamic page (in DW design view) doesn't always remove all the code that goes with it, and this can often cause problems - even if you've got the rest of it all right.

Brilliant post - many thanks for posting back - love the enthusiasm. I'm at pretty much the same stage as you, but perhaps one page ahead. The code and the pages start off looking like alien graffiti, then you start seeing rough patterns - my goal is to learn enough to be able to ask the experts here how my page broke, while using the right syntax.

But yes, WebAssist stuff is great - it has changed things for me hugely, - my background has been in design so I have always been afraid of meeting with clients in case they wanted loads of dynamic functionality and then I'd have to panic, pull-out or blag-it and find someone else with the right skills. Now I know that I can come up with a solution and get the support here.

Loads of learning comes with working stuff out so I have my frustrations but I get the buzz too, and i do like the buzz, - I have an addictive personality.

Cheers.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...